The Hidden City: Secrets, Scandals and Sins
There is more than meets the eye to the City of London. Have you ever wondered what secrets lie beneath the 2000 year old streets of old Roman Londinium? Perhaps you have pondered the conspiracy theories born of the capital’s many secret societies? Interested in finding the strangest and most bizarre aspects of the “Square Mile” and seeing things that most tourists never encounter? If you answered “yes” to any of the above questions, then this is the tour for you.
Go deep into over 2000 years of strange history that will delight, intrigue, unsettle and even tittilate you on this 2 hour tour of the hidden secrets, scandals and sins of the Old City.
This London Walking tour covers:
- St. Olave’s Church and St. Ghastly Grim
- The Hellfire Club’s sinister origins
- The London Stone
- The smallest statue in the UK
- Postman’s Park – where the brave are remembered
- Old Tom and Dirty Dick of Leadenhall
- Narrow lanes unchanged since the middle ages
- The Guildhall and its bizarre rituals
- Modern bank heists and crime sprees
- A building that acts as laser and melts posh cars
- Ebenezer’s Scrooge’s Counting House
Reservations: Click here to reserve.
Where: Starts at the Monument to the Great Fire of London (Near the main entrance at its base) on Fish St Hill, London EC3R 8AH. This is adjacent to Monument Station. For additional tips on travelling thorough the city, check out our blog posts on getting around London.
Duration: Approximately 2 hours.
When: View our Calendar
Cost: This tour is free to take, and you get to decide what, if anything, the tour was worth when it’s done. A name-your-own-price tour is a tour for anyone’s budget. For more tips on saving money when visiting London, check out our blog posts for London on a budget.