Visiting the Philadelphia Museum of Art
The Philadelphia Museum of Art is one of the largest art museums in the world with over a quarter of a million pieces. Its also known for tourist running up the steps to yelling the Theme from Rocky (follow our guide for other locations from Rocky)
2600 Benjamin Franklin Parkway
Philadelphia, PA 19130
SEPTA: bus routes 7, 32, 38, 43, and 48
Parking: The parking garage is accessible via Art Museum Drive or Waterworks Drive. Rates are $12 for the first 4 hours, $2 for each additional hour with museum validation.
Tuesday–Sunday: 10:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
Wednesday and Friday evenings: Open until 8:45 p.m.
Closed on 4th of July, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day
Admission to the Philadelphia Museum of Art:
- Adults: $20
- Seniors (65 & over): $18
- Students / Youth (13-18): $14
- Children (12 & under): Free
Tickets to the Philadelphia Museum of Art are good for two consecutive days. The same admission ticket is also valid for the Perelman Building, Rodin Museum, and historic houses Mount Pleasant and Cedar Grove.
- Admission is name your own price on the first Sunday of every month and every Wednesday after 5:00 p.m.
- El Greco Pieta
- J.M.W. Turner Burning of the House of Lords and Commons
- Renior Large Bathers
- Monet Japanese Bridge and Water Lillies
- Toulouse-Lautrec At the Moulin Rouge