Secrets and Scandals Walking Tour
DC By Foot is pleased to present the newest Free, name your own price walking tour! Join us for a tour that explores some of the more sordid history of the Presidency. Inaugurations gone awry, duels, bigamy, curses, and affairs of the heart are just a few of the scandals that have rocked the White House. On the Presidential Secrets and Scandals tour, discover some of our Commanders-in-Chiefs’ more interesting misfortunes and misbehaviors.
- Which first lady committed bigamy
- The history of the Secret Service
- When and why did Hail to the Chief become the presidential theme
- Who really saved Washington’s portrait when the White House burned
- Why the Treasure Building blocks the view of the Capitol from the White House
- The curse of presidential assassinations
- And so much more!
Where: Meet at the Andrew Jackson Statue in Lafayette Square (North front of the White House). Look for your guide with the DC by Foot logo.
Duration: Approximately 2 hours. Total distance three-quarters of a mile
When: Thursdays at 7pm (March 28, 2013-November 7, 2013) View our Calendar
Cost: This tour is free to take, and you get to decide what, if anything, the tour was worth when it’s done. A name-your-own-price tour is a tour for anyone’s budget.
Private Tours: Private group performances of this tour are offered year round starting at $195 per tour. Click here to inquire.