Walking Tours of New Orleans
Welcome to Free Tours by Foot, offering name-your-own-price New Orleans tours. We provide a platform for local, licensed, freelance tour guides to lead walking tours as well as ghost, food, bike and bus tours at no upfront cost and no solicitation, so that you may enjoy a worry free quality sightseeing experience. Everyone should be permitted to take a guided tour for a price they feel it was worth or what they could afford – even free! Pay-what-you-like tours are tours for every budget. Sightseeing doesn’t have to be expensive or boring. That’s because we must be at our best at all times to ensure that your tour is interesting and of the highest quality. If you don’t like what you see, all you lost was your time. It’s the best guarantee in the business. So come along on one of our interesting and informative sightseeing tours and let us take you through many of the city’s legendary neighborhoods and cemeteries.
Walking tours are our forte, and we offer a number of daily and weekly pay-what-you-like walking tours of New Orleans. You could browse the tours that we have by clicking the links below, by scrolling our public calendar (also below), or just go to our booking page to see what we have available and to book now. There’s no cost to book our walking tours, so there’s no risk for you. We are very popular (#1 on TripAdvisor), and we are often fully booked, so we’ve also included other trusted options in each of the links.
- For the classic New Orleans core, we offer you our French Quarter Tour.
- Or join us on a tour of the “City of the Dead” as we experience St. Louis Cemetery #1
- Visit the beautiful mansions of the Garden District.
- New Orleans is filled with the tortured souls of the past. Learn about and engage with them on our New Orleans Ghost Tour.
- Learn about the unique cultural flavor on our Voodoo Tour.
- Stroll Frenchman Street and the Marigny, the hip side of a funky city.
- If you are a foodie, you definitely should consider taking one of our French Quarter Culinary Tours.
- To get to know the past and present of New Orleans’ creative lifestyle, try our Music, Arts and More Tour.
- For a history of bars and beverages, try our Cocktail Tour.
- The United States’ first black neighborhood, home of musical innovation, civil rights activism, and lots more, lies just outside the French Quarter – learn more on our Treme Tour.
Don’t see what you’re looking for, or has the tour you’re looking for already sold out? Try our sister company, Real New Orleans Tours. Real New Orleans Tours offers reasonably priced, intimate public and private tours, including many of our signatures and some other specialties as well. And best of all, Real New Orleans Tours are given by the same team of guides that have earned Free Tours by Foot New Orleans our #1 rating on TripAdvisor.
GHOST AND VOODOO TOURS
New Orleans is a top destination for ghost and voodoo tours and we are proud to offer the city’s highest rated tours. We offer our French Quarter Ghost Tour daily, sometimes 2x every day. Hear tales that will send a chill up your spine and find out what really happened when you take one of these awesome ghost tours!
Our Voodoo Tour runs daily (with the exception of Tuesdays) and runs 2x a day several times a week. Let us help you uncover the mysteries and secrets of this misunderstood religion and learn about the role that it’s played in this city’s history.
Check out the calendar above or head to our booking page to see what is available. And if our tours are booked out, or if our schedule doesn’t work for you, then be sure to take a look at our review of other ghost and voodoo as well as vampire tours available to you.
This city is famous for its cemeteries, which for most visitors to New Orleans are very unique and exotic. There are over 50 cemeteries in New Orleans that have all or most of the graves above ground, but there are really just a handful that are reasonably reachable for most tourists. We offer pay-what-you-like tours that visit two of them.
- St. Louis Cemetery #1 Tour – this is a daily tour that often runs 2x a day. You can only visit this tour with a tour group, so why not visit with New Orleans #1 tour company?
- Garden District and Lafayette Cemetery #1 Tour – this tour runs 2x a day and visits both the beautiful Garden District.
Get some background on tomb styles and burial practices with our Guide to New Orleans Cemeteries.
SWAMP AND PLANTATION TOURS
Unfortunately, it’s not possible to offer pay-what-you-like tours of the swamps and plantations surrounding New Orleans. Believe us, we tried. There are transportation and entry costs that make it impossible. However, there are some really excellent and well-reviewed companies offering swamp and plantations. Some offer tickets that combine swamp and plantation as well as bus and boat tours. We have put together posts that compare the both plantation and swamp tour companies to help you choose the best for you.
We also offer our guiding services for private groups, where we can take you pretty much anywhere you want to go in the city. We can organize bikes, taxis, mini-buses and coaches as well as organize plantation and swamp tours. You can book one of our 2 hour tours, or hire us for half, full and multiple days. We can pick you up at your hotel. Call us or email us and we will get back to you with a timely quote.