New York Tours | Pay-What-You-Wish
Welcome to Free Tours by Foot, offering pay-what-you-wish New York tours – including walking tours, as well as food, bike and bus tours. We provide a platform for licensed, local, freelance tour guides to lead tours at no upfront costs, so that you may enjoy an sightseeing New York tours for whatever price you like – even free! You get to determine what a tour was worth, if anything, after the tour, thus ensuring that your tour guide must strive to give his or her best on every tour. Our New York walking tours are some of the best things to do in New York. This is an expensive city and we feel that every visitor should be able to experience a guided tour of the city in an affordable manner.
For more money saving tips, please read our post on budget travel to New York City as well as our post comparing the discount tourist passes. Our New York tours are also a great way to meet fellow travelers and make new friends. Our guests come from all over the world, and this means that many different perspectives are reflected in the questions asked of our tour guides and contributes to more enriching experiences for our guests.
New York Tours
This is a city of neighborhoods and we focus on New York tours designed to show you what the Big Apple is made of.
- If you are interested in the history of Manhattan back to its roots as the Dutch settlement or just would like to see sights like Wall Street and the World Trade Center, then consider taking our Lower Manhattan Tour.
- Our most popular of the New York Tours is our SoHo, Little Italy and Chinatown Tour, as it covers three neighborhood in a manageable amount of time.
- We also offer guided tours of Harlem and Brooklyn.
- In town for a day trip or short weekend? Look at our free self-guided tours.
- We offer over 30 different NYC tours. Check out our full tour calendar below for exact walking tour offerings and dates.
Be sure to consider one of our pay-what-you-wish New York City food tours. With our competitors charging anywhere from $45-$65 for their food tours, a food tour experience is often out of reach for most travelers. There is so much good food at affordable prices, there’s no need to be forced to pay so much money. Our two most popular guided tour options are:
- Greenwich Village Food Tour
- Lower East Side Food Tour.
- We also offer free self-guided food tours, so that you can experience the flavors of the city on your own pace.
The same goes for sightseeing in New York on bike. Some hotels offer complimentary bikes. Some guests have their own bikes or rent them through a tourist pass. We offer an affordable option for all visitors to New York City. You can rent a bike through us for less than it will cost through a bike shop. We offer two bike tours, one of Central Park and one of Lower Manhattan and the Brooklyn Bridge. Check out our New York tours by bike.
Private New York Tours
We also offer our guiding services for private groups where we can take you pretty much anywhere you want to go in the city. Whatever your tour guiding needs are; we can hook you up. Need a bus? We will get you one. Want a multi-day tour with full itinerary? No problem. Call us or email us and we will get back to you with a timely quote. Come tour New York with us!
We also focus our content on helping you understand all of the things to do in NYC, to help you decide which tourist attractions and sightseeing opportunities are best for you and your time in the Big Apple. Whether you are here for a week visit or just a weekend trip, our blog posts will demonstrate how to see the best places to visit in New York City and which places to avoid.