New York City One Day Tour
Don’t have enough time to take all of our tours? Prefer to experience Manhattan with a smaller group, but a private booking is out of reach? Then consider our One Day in New York Tour – All-in-One Downtown. This tour utilizes your feet and the New York City Subway* to transport you from Lower Manhattan, the birthplace of New York, through Wall St and the Financial District, the World Trade Center, Greenwich Village, SoHo, Chinatown, Little Italy, Chelsea Market and the Highline Park.
There will be ample opportunities for memorable pictures. You’ll get the chance to savor NY’s best pizza and cannoli and other treats, learn how to play NY handball, maybe bargain with a shopkeeper in Chinatown, observe a game of street chess in Greenwich Village, people watch and window shop in SoHo. Along the way, you’ll master the subway and learn about New York’s Finest!
The All-in-One (AIO) Tour covers about 75% of the content covered in several of our separate tours that make up this tour, including Lower Manhattan, SoHo, Little Italy Chinatown, Greenwich Village and the High Line.
- What neighborhoods does this tour cover? Lower Manhattan, Chinatown, Little Italy, SoHo, Greenwich Village and the High Line.
- Does the 6 hour tour cover the same itinerary as each 2 hour neighborhood tour? Not entirely. This is an abbreviated itinerary of each tour for guests who have limited time in New York City.
- Does this tour cover Midtown, Harlem, Upper West Side or Central Park? No, this is a downtown only tour.
- Does this tour go into buildings? No, you will hear about the history and stories from outside the buildings. If you would like to tour inside the buildings, like the One World Trade Center Observatory, 9/11 Memorial Museum or the Woolworth Building, you will need to make separate plans. Look for discounts on our Deals & Discounts page.
- Is this tour suitable for children and strollers? This is a fast paced tour, and not recommended for those with walking issues, small children or strollers.
Sites we cover on the New York City One Day Tour:
- Wall Street
- Financial District
- New York Stock Exchange
- Trinity Church
- World Trade Center
- 911 Memorial
- Woolworth Building
- Greenwich Village
- Washington Square Park
- SoHo’s Cast Iron Distric
- Little Italy
- Chelsea Market
- The High Line Park
- and much more…
*Guests will need to purchase an MTA Metro Card worth at least $8.25, though a card worth $12.50 would cover subway rides to and from the tour. Be sure to read our post on which MetroCard to buy as well as tips for navigating the subway system.
Reservations: REQUIRED. Click here to reserve.
Where: Tour meets at the George Washington Statue at Federal Hall on the corner of Broad St. and Wall St. (map). Look for your guides with the Free Tour by Foot logo. Tour ends at the Highline Park in Chelsea.
Duration: Approximately 6 hours. There will be a break for lunch and a short refreshment break in the afternoon.
When: View our full Calendar for the most up to date availability.
Cost: This tour is free to take, and you get to decide what, if anything, the tour was worth when it’s done. A name-your-own-price tour is a tour for anyone’s budget.